Jayant Yadav is one of the new players who has been selected for the limited over’s series against Zimbabwe starting from 11th June. Yadav has been given a chance to showcase his talent as many senior players have been rested for this tour.
Here we look at the 10 facts about Jayant Yadav
- At the age of 21 Jayant Yadav made his first-class debut against Gujarat in 2011 for Haryana. Since then he has played 40 matches and has scored 1463 runs at an average of 27.60
- Jayant Yadav is a handy lower order batsman and a good off-spin bowler who plays first-class cricket for Haryana. His best figures with the ball are 7/64. His economy rate is just 3.28 runs per over which shows the consistency.
- Making his T20 domestic debut in 2013, he has played 29 T20 domestic T20 matches and scored 196 runs with the best score of 31.
- Meanwhile, he has 15 wickets at an economy of 5.97 in the same number of matches.
- Jayant Yadav made his IPL debut in 2014 edition but got to play only 3 matches for Delhi Daredevils in 2015.
- After a decent in the 2015-2016 domestic seasons, Jayant Yadav got a chance to showcase his talent in the Irani Cup.
- In 2016 IPL season, Jayant Yadav played for Delhi Daredevils taking 2 wickets in 5 matches. He impressed the selectors with his control and variations
- Jayant Yadav highest score in first class cricket is 211 against Karnataka and he shared a record-breaking 392 runs stand with Amit Mishra in 2012-2013 Ranji Trophy season.
- In the 2016 Irani Cup against Mumbai, Jayant Yadav made the chance count by picking two four-wicket haul in a winning cause.
- Jayant Yadav started the 2015/2016 Ranji Trophy season with a second first-class century while batting at number 4 with his new team-mate Virender Sehwag. He claimed six wickets in the same match against Karnataka in the second innings.