1) It is shocking! The most run scored from one over is not 36; contrary to this default score 77 is the exact run scored from one over in RH Vance’s over in a match between Canterbury and Wellington. RH Vance bowled one over in the match, and this is how it went: 0 4 4 4 6 6 4 6 1 4 1 0 6 6 6 6 6 0 0 4 0 1
2) Chinnaswamy Stadium at Bangalore is the first solar powered cricket stadium in the world.
3) Indian limited over captain MS Dhoni has never scored a hundred outside Asia. His highest score in the foreign field is 88 not out against Australia.
4) In the history of cricket, only four players have played on all ten batting positions for a team; names include Lance Klusner, Abdur Razzaq, Shoaib Malik and Hasan Tillakaratne.
5) Dhaka’s Sher-e-Bangla stadium and Bangabandhu stadium have hosted more ODIs than the Lord’s.
6) Sachin Tendulkar has taken more fifer than Shane Warne in ODIs. Warne has taken 1 fifer in his career, while Sachin has taken two.
7) Wasim Akram highest Test score is 257 against Zimbabwe which is higher than batting legend Sachin Tendulkar.
8) Batting superstar Sir Don Bradman has scored only six sixes in his entire career.
9) Amazing! When little master Sachin Tendulkar debuted in 1989 along with 23 other cricketers around the world also made for their respective countries around the world. But each one of them retired before the little master, however, what is incredible is that the last one to retire was New Zealand allrounder Chris Cairns of New Zealand who retired in 2004, eight years before Sachin Tendulkar eventually retired from international cricket.
11) Jacques Kallis career= Sachin Tendulkar (Total Number of Runs in Test) + Zaheer (Total Number of Wickets in Test)
12) Sir Jack Hobbs scored 199 centuries in his First Class career.
13) Dirk Nannes has played both for Australia and Netherlands, in International Cricket.
14) Pakistan legend ‘Hanif Mohammad’ holds the world record for the longest innings in international and domestic Test cricket history, an astounding 970 Minute that is more than 16 hours 337 not out against the West Indies bowlers in Bridgetown in 1957-58.
15) In a World Cup Match, chasing 335, Sunil Gavaskar scored an unbeaten 36 off 174 balls.
In the Prudential World Cup 1975, in the match between India and England set the target of 335 runs in 60 overs. Sunil Gavaskar batted throughout the innings and scored only 36 runs off 174 balls. India managed to score only 132 runs in 60 overs with 7 wickets in hand.
16) After Virat Kohli’s debut, India have chased down 300 plus score five times.
17) Graeme Smith is the only player in the history of cricket to have captained a team for more than 100 Test matches.
18) Shahid Afridi scored 11,055 runs in 512 international matches with 11 centuries but never played 100 balls in single innings.