2016 Asia Cup final will be played between host nation Bangladesh and India on Sunday night at Mirpur, Dhaka. India is looking to achieve their 6th Asia Cup title while Bangladesh is looking for their maiden Asia Cup title as well as the first major trophy in international cricket. There are many records can be created or old records broken in the final game.
Some of them are briefly described in the following.
Records that can be made in the Asia Cup 2016 final:
- India can top the list of teams who have won most Asia Cup: Currently, India and Sri Lanka jointly sit on top of the list of Asia Cup winner. Both the teams have won the trophy 5 times each. If India beat Bangladesh in the final match of the Asia Cup 2016, India will be Asia Cup champion for the 6th time and that will take them on top of the list.
- Hope not this time: Indian opener Rohit Sharma is very close to achieving a record which he surely would not want. If he is dismissed for Zero in the final match, he will be on the top of the list – most no. of duck by an Indian T20Is. Currently, he is equal with Yusuf Pathan in the most no. of duck list where both the batsmen achieved this unwanted feat 3 times.
- Most times Bangladesh will beat an Asian cricketing nation: If Bangladesh wins the final match against India, then it will be their 6th win against India (5 in ODIs and 1 in T20Is). For Bangladesh, It will be the joint most no. of time they defeated an Asian team in international cricket. They have also defeated Pakistan 6 times in the international cricket while India and Sri Lanka are currently in the second position in that list (lost 5 matches each international cricket)
- Who will finish as most wicket-takers in T20I between the two nation?: Currently, Indian left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha tops the list with 4 wickets but he is not playing in the tournament. Bangladesh pacer Al-Amin Hossain is currently in the same position with 4 wickets and he has a great chance to go ahead and take the top position of the most wicket-takers list between India-Bangladesh T20I clash. On the other hand, two Indian bowlers will be also be fighting. These are pacer Ashish Nehra and off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin, as both have already picked up 3 wickets each.
- Who will be the king of sixes in India-Bangladesh T20I?: Currently, Indian opener Rohit Sharma is on top with 6 sixes in the clash between India and Bangladesh T20I. He has a great chance to stretch the lead while another two Indian batsmen Yuvraj Singh and MS Dhoni are chasing him with 4 sixes each.