The first ODI of India’s tour to Bangladesh marked a drama. Rain started pouring in the mid-way of the Indian innings and India was given a revised target which they chased quite easily and were the winners. For yet another time, the Duckworth Lewis method proves to be controversial and unjustified. Throughout the match though, there were some outstanding as well as some disappointing performances for both the teams. To sum it up, here is the list of the Hits and Flops of the Match.
FLOPS Of The Match
- Tamim Iqbal (BANGLADESH): The left handed Bangladeshi opener had a bad day at the center. He scored a DUCK today and wasted 11 balls for Bangladesh. He was dismissed by Umesh Yadav in the 4th over. He did not manage to give Bangladesh the required and desired start and instead, by wasting balls, he made the job tough for the middle order.
- Akshar Patel (INDIA): He played his first International match today. He impressed the national selectors by his stunning economical bowling performances for KXIP in IPL 7. The debut match for him was not much sweet for him though. On a pitch where spin bowlers got help, he did not manage to extract the most. He was expensive and did not cause any trouble to the batsman. He went for 59 runs in his 10 overs and took a single wicket, that too of a tail-ender’s one.
- Mominul Haque (BANGLADESH): The batsman at no. 3 for Bangladesh did not have a pleasant day today with the bat. He came into the crease in the 4th over of the Bangladeshi innings and managed to score only 6 runs off 17 deliveries. He was dismissed by Umesh Yadav in the 11th over of the innings.
- Al-Amin Hossain (BANGLADESH): This Bangladeshi bowler did not put up a stand up performance for his team and he was very much predictable with his deliveries and Uthappa and Rahane did not face any trouble in facing him. He gave 32 runs in 5 overs which he bowled and went wicketless.
HITS Of The Match
- Umesh Yadav (INDIA): The man who played a major part in bringing glory for KKR in IPL 7 did manage to carry on with his good patch. He brought India to the dominant part in the very initial overs by taking wickets early on. He took 3 wickets in his 9 overs and gave 48 runs.
- Shakib-Al-Hasan (BANGLADESH): One of the best all-rounders of the world cricket at present proved why he is being regarded as such. He steadied the Bangladeshi innings when they lost early wickets and scored a brilliant half century. He scored 52 runs off 58 balls with 4 fours and a six. With the ball too, he took the crucial wicket of Robin Uthappa and broke the opening partnership. He took 2 wickets in 6 overs and gave 27 runs.
- Mushfiqur Rahim (BANGLADESH): The Bangladeshi skipper played a captain’s knock today. He scored a brilliant half century at the time when his side started to collapse. He managed to build partnerships with Anamul Haque and Shakib-Al-Hasan. He scored 59 runs off 63 balls with 3 fours and 3 sixes. He was dismissed by debutant Parvez Rasool.
- Robin Uthappa (INDIA): The golden man had a golden patch in IPL 7 and won the orange cap there. He was selected into the national squad after a span of 6 tedious years. He made a brilliant performance today and gave India the perfect start to the chase. He scored 50 runs off 44 balls with 3 fours and 3 sixes.
- Ajinkya Rahane (INDIA): Another great batsman for India. He did a fantastic job today and was involved in the 99 runs opening partnership with Robin Uthappa. He scored 64 runs off 70 deliveries with 5 fours and 2 sixes.