England captain Eion Morgan said ECB will not force any player to tour Bangladesh for limited tours in the wake of the July 1 attack on a Dhaka café in which 22 people were killed.
England’s one-day squad will receive a briefing on Thursday from a three-member panel which toured Bangladesh to assess security for the series, comprising three one-dayers and two Tests three in October.
“I don’t think anybody will ever be forced to go on a particular tour,” Morgan told BBC Radio 5 live.
“I think it’s important for us to get together as a group, and be informed by people who we trust in order to make the right decisions and go from there.”
Last year Australia pulled out of their tour of Bangladesh last year over security concerns and did not compete in the under 19 World Cup in the South East Asian country for the same reason. Australia refused to send their senior team for a Test series in Bangladesh.
England’s one-day team is scheduled to leave for Bangladesh on September 30 and Morgan had full faith in the wisdom of the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB).
.”I’m pretty open-minded,” Morgan said. “You can’t really rule out anything until you hear from the people that you trust.
“The ECB have made decisions over the years that have held us in good stead – we’ve never been in any danger before.”