Though there was no much in the pitch of Nottingham where the first Test match between India and England. Here is a list of Top 5 bowling performances in a single innings –
5) Stuart Broad – 2/50 (2nd innings) – Picking up the wickets of Virat Kohli and Ajinkya Rahane, Broad did well to put India under pressure in the 2nd innings but Binny, Jadeja and Bhuvneshwar Kumar did well to take India out of trouble and were successful ending the match as a draw.
4) Ishanth Sharma – 3/150 (1st innings) – Ishanth Sharma gave away the most number of runs in a single innings in this test match but also managed to pick 3 important wickets of all set batsmen.
3) James Anderson – 3/123 (1st innings) – James Anderson was hit for quiet a few boundaries by Murali Vijay but he bowled well with the old ball. He got the top 3 batsmen of India in the 1st innings.
2) Moin Ali – 3/105 (2nd innings) – Moin Ali was hit for a lot of runs in the first innings but he came strongly in the 2nd innings and managed to take 3 important wickets.
1) Bhuvneshwar Kumar – 5/82 (1st innings) – Kumar did well in wrapping up the middle and lower order of the 1st innings of England. This was the one and only 5 wicket haul in the first test match.