The ICC has announced the Test team of the year, as chosen by the specially appointed selection panel chaired by the ICC CEO David Richardson and the Chairman of ICC’s Cricket Committee and former Indian Test Captain Anil Kumble. The team neither includes an Indian cricketer nor a Pakistan player.
This team has been picked taking into consideration how they fared in the selection period of 1 July 2013 to 30 June 2014.
The ICC Test Team of the Year (In batting order):
1. David Warner (1204 runs @57.33)
2. Kane Williamson (992 runs @66.13)
3. Kumar Sangakkara(1007 runs @83.91)
4. AB de Villiers (wk) (804 runs @67.00)
5. Joe Root (790 runs @41.57)
6. Angelo Mathews (c) (852 runs @85.20)
7. Mitchell Johnson (59 wkts @15.23)
8. Stuart Broad (50 wkts @28.48)
9. Dale Steyn (30 wkts @27.00)
10. Rangana Herath (25 wkts @38.44)
11. Tim Southee (40 wkts @20.50)
12th Man: Ross Taylor (861 runs @78.27)
Five Countries feature in this 12-man Test line-up with two from Australia, South Africa and England and three from Sri Lanka and New Zealand (including the 12th Man Ross Taylor).
Australia’s David Warner has earned a place for the first time here and South Africa’s speedster Dale Steyn has earned the place for the seventh successive year.
Click Here to check the ICC ODI Team of the Year
Image Courtesy: cricketdawn.com