West Indies all-rounder cricketer Kieron Pollard has pledged to come back with a revenge following his exclusion from the West Indies team for the International Cricket Council Cricket World Cup 2015. The selection board’s decision to eliminate Pollard and Dwayne Bravo from the team has been a subject of raging debate in the cricketing world, CMC reported.

Kieron Pollard said his elimination from the team for cricket’s biggest tournament does not imply the termination of his cricketing career. He said he is surely not thinking that his international cricketing career is over. He also said on Thursday that he is only 27 years old and he wants to return with a vengeance. 

He added till now he has got to concentrate on where he wants to see himself in a couple of years and what he has got in front of him. This break will also help him to stay fresh because he has been on the road for a long time span.

Kieron Pollard and his Trinidad and Tobago teammate Bravo were members of the Jamaican cricket team which participated in the abandoned tour of India late last year over a pay issue. They were said to be the leading players behind the strike and their elimination was described as “vengeance” by former caribbean pacer Michael Holding. 

He was quoted saying:

What happened on the tour of India behind my omission? Well let’s just say that even before I completed my visa application, I had a fair idea of who would be and wouldn’t be in the final squad,” he said.

“It was disappointing, obviously, getting that ‘bad news’ call but I knew from before that I won’t be going to the World Cup. These things happen. I’m not the first person not playing in the World Cup and I definitely won’t be the last.”

He concluded saying that life goes on. He is a young man, he still has a lot of cricket left and that is how he looks at it. West Indies will open their Cup crusade against Ireland on 16th February.