On Saturday, New Zealand thrashed Bangladesh by 75 runs at Eden Gardens, Kolkata in their last Super 10 stage game in ICC WT20 2016. After winning the toss, New Zealand decided to bat first and made 145/8 in 20 overs. In reply, Bangladesh batsmen collapsed at just 70 runs in 15.4 overs.
With this win, New Zealand went into the semi-final as group champion after winning all the group matches.
Some of the statistical highlights of the game are given below:
- Bangladesh were bowled out for just 70 runs, which is their lowest T20I total. Their previous lowest T20I total was 78 and it was also against New Zealand at Hamilton in 2010. It was also the lowest total for any team against New Zealand in T20I.
- Total of 10 batsmen were dismissed via a bowled (6 batsmen from New Zealand and 4 batsmen from Bangladesh) in this match. It is the highest no. of bowled dismissal in a T20I match.
- Bangladesh left-arm pacer Mustafizur Rahman bowled a sensational spell as he finished with the figures of 4-0-22-5. It is the second best bowling for Bangladesh in T20I and best WT20 bowling performance for Bangladesh.
- It is the third time that any bowler completed a five-wicket haul against New Zealand in T20I. It is the most no. of five-wicket hauls against any team in T20I history.
- Luke Ronchi is now the wicket-keeper with most catches for New Zealand in WT20. After taking catch of Bangladesh batsman Mustafizur Rahman, Ronchi took 7 catches as wicket-keeper and surpassed former New Zealand wicket-keeper Brendon McCullum (6 catches in WT20) in WT20.