India are in a strong position after winning the first two matches of the five match Royal London ODI series. With this victory at Nottingham, India cannot lose the series from here. During the third ODI, several records were broken and here is the list of new records created at Nottingham.
3) England captain Alastair Cook become the 13th batsman to complete 3000 ODI runs for England in ODIs.
4) India has won seven matches in a row in England for the first time in ODIs.
5) Dhoni has 16 victories out of 24 ODIs against England with a success rate of 73.91.
6) With this win, MS Dhoni has equalled an Indian record held by Mohammad Azharuddin for winning most number of matches as a captain (90).
7) MS Dhoni overtook Kumar Sangakkara’s 129 and set a record for most stumpings (131) in international cricket.
8) Virat Kohli’s first instance of not scoring a fifty in twelve innings in succession since his debut in international cricket.
9) Virat’s 40 is his highest score in this tour.
10) Ravichandran Ashwin has recorded his best bowling figures in ODIs in England during his 3-39 yesterday.