After missing out on the ODI series, the Indian cricket team managed to stamp their authority over England in the fivr match Royal London ODI series. After the first match at Bristol was rained off, India won the matches at Cardiff, Nottingham and Edgbaston to seal the searies with a match still to be played. Here are the records that are created during the fourth ODI victory.
1) India’s first bilateral series win in England since 1990.
2) England’s nine wicket loss is their worst loss at home since 1986 when they lost to India by nine wickets.
3) Ajinkya Rahane scored his maiden ODI century.
4) Rahane became the 34th India to score a hundred. Only Australia and England are ahead of the Indians.
5) Indians have scored a total of 217 centuries in ODI, 38 more than Australia, who are second.
6) MS Dhoni won his 91st ODI as the captain of the Indian ODI team.
7) India has won its eighth consecutive match in England, their longest run overseas.
8) Shikhar Dhawan and Ajinkya Rahane put on a partnership of 183 runs, their fourth highest outside Sub-Continent.
10) Shikhar Dhawan scored his first fifty of the tour.