India continued the battle with England in the 4th day of the 1st test of 5 test match series in England at the Trent Bridge, Nottingham. India started the day with a lead of 105 runs. England were 352/9 in the day 3 of the Test match. England ended the innings with a score of 496 runs and lead by 39 runs. And India were at 167/3. The match went like a thrill ride continued from day 3 of the first Test to the 4th day. There were some extraordinary and also some disillusioning exhibitions for both the teams. To sum it up, here is the list of the Hits and Flops of the Match.
Hits of the Innings
1. Joe Root (England) – Joe Root batted phenomenally and scored a huge 154 runs and was still not out when England ended the innings. Scoring 154 runs was not an easy task. It was his test. In the end Joe Root performed well and with the help of James Anderson made a record 10th wicket partnership of 198 runs, just 2 runs shy of the 200 mark.
2. James Anderson (England) – The bowler had an awesome day and scored the second highest runs in the England innings. His 81 runs was a great help to England. He played and exceptional innings today.
3. Bhuvneshwar Kumar (India) – Bhuvneshwar Kumar finally managed to pick the final wicket. It took very long for the Indian bowlers to take the last wicket and when they got it, it was a relief for India.
4. Moeen Ali (England) – He took the two very important wickets of the Indian openers and brought India to a grinding halt.
Flops of the Innings
1. Shikhar Dhawan (India) – Shikhar Dhawan was once again a disappointment for India. He failed consecutively two times and brought no significant runs.
2. Mohammed Shami (India) – Mohammed Shami didn’t produce good results with his bowling and was unable to take the last wicket and gave lots of runs today.
3. Stuart Broad (England) – Stuart Broad too was unable to pick any wickets. India took the advantage to scored runs.