The match between Chennai Super Kings and Delhi Daredevils indeed proved to be a exciting one as it went down to the last over and in the end Delhi Daredevils lost the match by a run. The heroics of Albie Morkel went down in vain as they needed 6 runs of the last but Morkel could only manage a boundary.
Though Morkel couldn’t take his team home but won a lot of respect for him as he alone fought through CSK bowlers and the heat which got the better of him. However the DD team has given out a strong message that there aren’t the same team as last season that lost many of the matches. By giving a strong fight to CSK the intentions of DD camp are now clear.
More than an exciting finish, there were a number of exciting numbers/ records that took place in yesterday’s match and SPORTZWIKI brings to you a complete list of them:
1. Most runs in first over: CSK’s 16 runs in the first over is the highest ever for the men in yellow as their previous best was 12 runs, scored on 5 occasions.
2. Highest batting average: MS Dhoni is the only Indian batsmen to make it to the list of batsmen with highest batting average in IPL (Min 25 innings).
3. Winning by a run: Victory of CSK over DD by a run was the 5th instance in IPL. Earlier 4 occasions were-
KXIP in 2008 vs MI
KXIP in 2009 vs DC
DD in 2012 vs RR
MI in 2012, vs PWI
4. Man of the Match: Ashish Nehra won his 3rd man of the match award in IPL, earlier two were won in 2008 and 2009. He has won this award after a gap of 6 years.
5. On the trot of losing: Since May 4, 2013 – Delhi Daredevils have played 20 IPL games. Lost all of which were played in India and won 2 (played in UAE).
For exciting stats of each match, keep following sportzwiki.com