Test Cricket has been one of the most interesting formats of the game and there has been plenty of records being set in the game. There has also been some remarkable batting debuts in the game and here is the list of the test batsman who made 2 consecutive centuries in consecutive matches since debut.
1. Mohammad Azharuddin: The former Indian Captain made his test debut on December, 1984. He scored a century in the very first Test Innings of his career against England. He scored 110 runs at Kolkata. In the very second test match, he struck yet another test century. He scored 122 in the first innings of his second test match against the same opposition. In fact, he scored 3 consecutive test centuries on 3 consecutive tests since debut.
2. Bill Ponsford: This Aussie batsman scored 2 successive test centuries in 2 successive test matches that he played. He made his test debut in 1924 and scored a century in the very first innings of his test career. He scored 110 runs against England. In the second test match too, he scored 128 runs against England in the second test.
3. Doug Walters: Another Australian star did make a great impact in his debut. He scored 155 runs in his very first test innings against England in 1965. He also played an great knock of 115 runs in the very second test of his career against England.
4. Alvin Kallichharan: This West Indies batsman also registered his name in this list. He scored a century in debut and scored an unbeaten knock of 100 against New Zealand in his debutant test in 1972. He also scored 115 runs in the second test of his career.
5. Greg Blewett: Here is a list of another Aussie in the list. He scored an unbeaten knock of 102 runs in the first innings of the first test he played. He also scored 115 runs in his second test against England.
6. Sourav Ganguly: The pride of Bengal and one of the best captains in cricketing history made a memorable debut to the tests in 1996. He scored consecutive centuries against the mighty England in his first 2 test matches. He scored 131 runs in his first ever test match against the mighty England and scored 136 runs in his second test.
7. Rohit Sharma: This man made his debut in tests on last November. He scored 177 runs in the very first test innings against West Indies. He scored a century in the very next test match. He scored an unbeaten knock of 117 runs against the same opposition.
8. Jimmy Neesham: He is one of the newest entries in the list. He made this record in 2014 itself. He scored a test century against India in the very first match he played and also scored a century in his second test match against West Indies in West Indies. He scored unbeaten 137 and 107 in his first and second tests respectively.