Indian bowling has often been criticized at times and there have been quite a number of occasions where Indian bowlers did not manage to come up to the mark to produce something productive. Also, it is a fact that Indian bowling line up has always faced some concerns with respect to it’s fast bowling department. Fast bowlers struggled with their fitness and some struggled to maintain a consistent line and length. In the on-going tour, Indian bowlers are struggling too. Here we bring a list of the most successful batsmen against India. Here it goes.
- Sir Don Bradman, Average: 178.75: Sir Donald Bradman remained sheer consistent against all the oppositions. Against India too, the scenario was no exception. He played brilliantly against India and has centuries against India too. He averages 178.75 against India.
- Jimmy Adams, Average: 173.33: The left handed wicket keeper-batsman of West Indies has a great track record against India. He played brilliantly well against the Indian bowling attack and also has scored quite a few centuries against the team. He averages 173.33 against India.
- Charlie Davis, Average: 132.25: Another West Indian batsman comes up in the list. He played only 15 tests in his entire cricketing career but he has been successful in it. He was pretty much successful in scoring consistently against India and thus averages 132.25.
- Sir Everton Weekes, Average: 106.78: He was one of the prime strengths of the West Indian batting line up and has played plenty of great innings. He played a total of 48 test matches in his career and has 15 test centuries after his name. He also has scored centuries against India and averages 106.78 against India.
- Joe Root, Average: 101.83: The right handed middle order English batsman has been one of the prime concerns for the Indians in their last tour to England. Joe Root smacked centuries and almost turned the fate of some matches in a single handed manner. None of the Indian bowlers managed to come up with any success against him and he thus averages 101.83 against India.
- Steve Smith, Average: 101.60: The Australian stand-in captain performed brilliantly so far in the series against India. In fact, he has scored 2 centuries in the three innings he played against India so far. Also, he scored a half century in the other. He has been in flying form of late and that is showed up currently in the test series against India.