A game in Cricket is no doubt a team game but often it results that individual performances matter much in such games. Throughout the years, we have witnessed plenty of outstanding innings that changed the game for the team single handedly. Also some of the players knocks have been pretty much influential in taking the team to victory.
Here in this article, we present you the list of international batsmen who have scored the most number of hundreds in won international matches.
- Ricky Ponting, 55: The former Australian captain had been Australia’s most reliable batsman in the previous decade. He anchored the Australian innings on a number of occasions. He has got over 70 international centuries after his name in international cricket and out of those, 55 have come in victorious occasions.
- Sachin Tendulkar, 53: The Master Blaster, the holder of a sea of records, Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar was an outstanding batsman during his days. He has got 100 international centuries after his name and out of that, 53 have come in victorious occasions which is simply stunning. There was a time when the Indian line up was over-dependant on Sachin. If Sachin scored, India scored and vice versa.
- Jacques Kallis, 35: The sensational all-rounder has got 62 international centuries after his name and that came in 519 international matches. Out of those, 35 centuries have turned out fruitful for South Africa’s winning cause.
- Kumar Sangakkara, 34: Sangakkara comes at 4th in the list. He has been the pivotal character in the Sri Lankan batting line up for quite sometime now. He has scored 59 international centuries and out of them, 34 have come in victorious occasions. Sangakkara is hugely responsible for Sri Lanka’s consistent brilliant performances in the international cricket for the past few years.
- Mahela Jayawardena, 33: He is yet another sensational player from Sri Lanka. He has got 53 international centuries and out of them 33 have resulted in team’s victories. Jayawardena and Sangakkara have been the prime strength in the Sri Lankan batting in the past decade.
- Sanath Jayasuriya, 31: The former left handed opening batsman of Sri Lanka was indeed a blistering batsman with sheer class. He has struck 42 international centuries and 31 of them have come in victorious occasions.