In Cricket, the Captain of a team has decent amount of jobs to do. Also, the Captain is often held responsible for the performance of a team in either good or bad ways. We have seen some great captains throughout the years of Cricket. In this article, we are to draw light on the consistent captains in ODIs. We are presenting a list of the captains who represented their teams for the most number of times in a trot.
- Hansie Cronje (South Africa) – 130 : He was perhaps the most consistent captain of South Africa. Under his leadership, South Africa became a predominant team in World Cricket. But he was a captain who never experienced good luck in his side. Luck always went against him and South Africa failed to perform well in crucial tournaments.
- Mohammed Azharuddin (India) – 98: He was the Indian captain in the 90’s period. He was known for his calm captaincy. During his times, India won several times but were defeated too. Under his leadership, India were the semi finalists of the 1996 World Cup.
- Shaun Pollock (South Africa) – 89: He was the captain of the South African side after Hansie Cronje was banned from international cricket. He captained his side till the 2003 World Cup. South Africa were knocked out in the group stages of the 2003 World Cup and after that, Pollock resigned from captaincy.
- Mahela Jayawardene (Sri Lanka) – 85: He was the captain of the Sri Lankan team for quite sometime. He was a great batsman himself. He was very much dependable and captaincy did not at all affected him as a batsman.
- Alastair Campbell (Zimbabwe) – 76: The left handed middle order batsman of Zimbabwe was a consistent captain too. He captained his side in 76 consecutive ODIs. He was a consistent performer and also a consistent member of the Zimbabwean team.
- Misbah-Ul-Haq (Pakistan) – 75*: This Pakistani middle order batsman has been a consistent performer for Pakistan for quite sometime. He has been Pakistan’s captain after the World Cup 2011. He has led Pakistan to several victorious occasions. But his captaincy was threatened to some extent when Pakistan had a horrible series against Australia in the recent past. He was rested from the team for the last match. But it is assured that he will remain the captain of the Pakistani side till 2015 World Cup.