We have a love/hate relationship with cliches. Although we complain about them, we are enamored with them. That’s because they always seem to fit. It’s very common to find people repeating that some old line at different instances on various occasions at each and every possible chance. Ravi Shastri would certainly make the cut with his Cliches.
Sports commentary is one of the biggest victims of Clichés and it is here to stay. There are many cricket commentators who have built their own niche or a style of commentary and eventually you realize that say commentator ABC is going to use the line “XYZ” at a particular situation.
In cricket, we have many commentators who do this but one name stands out from the rest. Ravi Shastri had made some of his lines as famous cricket Cliches. People just know it’s a Ravi Shastri Cliche when they hear one.
So here is a collection of the Top Ravi Shastri Cliches that we are so used to hearing during commentary –
1. And the news from the center is…
2. That’s just what the doctor ordered
3. The atmosphere is electrifying
4. It’s funny how in T20 cricket one over can change the game
5. That’s sweetly timed
6. That would really set the cat among the pigeons
7. The odd ball will keep low
8. Will do his confidence a world of good
9. This will go down to the wire
10. No half-measures here
11. The finger has gone up
12. He’s no mug with the bat
13. Edged…and taken!
14. And he’s given it the full monty
15. He’s dealing in boundaries here
16. At this stage all three results are possible
17. He’s thrown the kitchen sink at it
18. That takes the aerial route
19. The ball is gone like a tracer bullet
20. Just get a feeling something’s gotta give
21. He’s flashed and flashed hard
22. In the end cricket was the winner