We are just a few days away from the festival of Indian cricket “INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE” and cricketers are all ready to show their talent in the IPL. IPL can be called as the last leg of the Indian domestic cricket because it’s the last tournament to be played and after that it’s the rest time for the domestic crickets. This year’s IPL will draw much attention as the entry of two new teams has raised many eyebrows. Gujarat Lions and Rising Pune Supergiant are all set to make their IPL debut this season. For the first time, we will see M.S. Dhoni playing for a new franchise.
Now Harbhajan Singh and Virat Kohli are only players to represent the same franchise in all the seasons played till now. Before the start of IPL let’s take you back to what happened at the IPL auction-
• 136 Crores- That was the total amount of money spent by the franchises at the auction.
• A total of 94 players could manage a buyer for themselves at auction.
• Shane Watson was the costliest player and bagged a deal worth 9.5 Crores with RCB.
• Pawan Negi who was purchased to DD for an amount of 8.5 Crores, was the costliest Indian player sold.
• Pravin Tambe The 44 years old leg spin bowler is still the oldest Indian player in IPL for the fourth consecutive year. He will play for Gujarat Lions.
• Mahipal horror who was just 16 years and 83 days on the day of the auction is the youngest player who will play IPL. He will play for DD.
• Yuvraj Singh who was sold for the skyrocketing price of 16 Crores last year could only manage 7 crores for him this year and suffered a loss of whopping 9 crores.
• 26 players sealed a deal worth 10 Lakhs.
• 7 players sealed a deal worth 20 Lakhs.
• 8 players sealed a deal worth 30 Lakhs.
• 53 players bagged a contract for more than 30 Lakhs.
• Hardik Pandya and his brother Krunal Pandya are set to become the first pair of brothers to represent same franchise (MI).
• Thisara Perera was the only Sri Lankan play to draw an IPL contract.
• Akshay Karnewar, the bowler from Vidarbha, who has a special talent to bowl with both arms, was purchased by RCB for 10 Lakhs.
• Surprised Purchases- Pawan Negi(8.5 cr.), Chris Morris(7cr.), Karun Nair(4 cr.), Deepak Hooda(4.2 cr.), Murugan Ashwin(4.5 cr.), Nathu Singh(3.2 Cr.)