Let’s take a look at the records that were broken in cricket this week i.e. from 29th November- 6th December 2014. Kumar Sangakkara and Taijul Islam lead the charts with three major records while a few others make up the rest of the records for this week in Cricket.
1. ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 will be the first that will not feature Sachin Tendulkar in a span of 23 years.
2. On December 4th, Pakistan became the first team to register 50 international T20 wins. They achieved this feat against New Zealand.
3. Sri Lankan wicket-keeper Kumar Sangakkara on 3rd December recorded most number of dismissals in ODIs (474), surpassing Adam Gilchrist’s record of 472. He achieved this feat against England.
4. Pakistan wicket-keeper Sarfraz Ahmed on December 4th made the highest score by a Pakistan wicket-keeper in international T20s. He scored 76 not out against New Zealand.
5. Bangladesh spinner Taijul Islam became the first player in the history of cricket to take a hat-trick on ODI debut. He achieved this feat against Zimbabwe and his victims were SF Mire,T Panyangara and J Nyumbu.
6. Kumar Sangakkara also became the fourth man in the history of ODI cricket to score 13000 runs in ODI cricket. He achieved this on December 4th in an ODI against England at Hambantota.
7. New Zealand became the first team in the history of Test cricket to record most number of sixes in an innings of a Test. They did this against Pakistan at Sharjah.