If sources are to be believed, BCCI has recently announced that they will pay Rs. 1 lac to each and every viewer who watches all of India’s World Cup 2015 matches. (Oh, Yeah!)
BCCI Committee, that announced the 30-men probable for the World Cup on December 4th, received abundance of love from the hardcore cricket fans of India. NOT! They decided to exclude Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh, Harbhajan Singh and Zaheer Khan in the squad, which went fairly well with the common Indian fans. Obviously NOT!
Fans from all around India were ecstatic after this decision. Most of the fans expressed that as BCCI has taken a brilliant decision. A few minority fans though, disagreed with the selection had these harsh words to say towards the BCCI and the obviously towards MS Dhoni too. (Well, of course)
1. I don’t want to see a single WC match without yuvi (Wow…that’s epic)
2. World Cup k liye CSK ki hi team le jao Dhoni, indian team ki jarurat hi nahi, that shame.
3. Challenge h bin yuvi k world cup jit ke dikhado to.
4. “भारत 2015 का वर्ल्ड कप तो आज ही हार गया।” “सहवाग की आग, युवी का करिश्मा, गंभीर की टिकाऊ पारी, जहीर की रफ्तार और हरभजन की फिरकी के बिना मैच जीतने की कल्पना भी नहीं की जा सकती।” “अब तो खुद गॉड भी बैटिंग और बॉलिंग करे फिर भी इंडिया ये वर्ल्ड कप नहीं जीतेगी।”
5. Without yuvi sehwag, Mai world cup nhi dekhunga.. Aur baaki ko bhi bolunga Ye dhoni ki team hai.. India ki nhi (A great announcement after all)
One among the minority of the fans who disagreed with the selections and had this to say to a news reporter –
“This is ridiculous. This is inexplicable. This selection will never win the World Cup. No Sehwag? No Yuvraj? No Gambhir? No Harbhajan? No Zaheer? Hell, this team won’t make it to the semi-finals. Not even clear the group stages actually. If you ask me, this team without experience might take a wrong turn, failing to even reach the cricket ground and go to Disneyland instead. We will NOT watch a single Indian match this World Cup.”
On being informed by the reporter that BCCI has announced Rs. 1 lac as a reward to watch ever match of India at the World Cup 2015, the fan took an amazing U-turn like a politician and had this to say –
“We’ll surely watch India’s all World Cup matches. Infact, all we wanted was just to watch the Fantastic 5 play. We aren’t crazy. We just wanted to see them play at any cost. We needed them in the team irrespective of any damn thing. And now we realize that we can see play during the IPL we are fine with their exclusion. We will watch all matches. Every single match. Every ball. Done deal.”
After hearing such great stuff from fans, a BCCI employee was quoted saying:
“That’s exactly what the Doctor ordered. In the end, Cricket is the real winner.”
Courtesy: Sidharth Gulati