At the stumps of day 2 of the 4th Test between England and Pakistan at Kennington Oval (London), visitors Pakistan is slightly in a better position than England. At the stumps of day 2, Pakistan made 340/6 after beginning the day on their overnight score 3/1. At the end of the day 2, Pakistan has a 12-runs led over England in the 1st innings fight.
Brief Scores: England – 328 (Moeen Ali 108, Jonny Bairstow 55, Sohail Khan 5/68)
Pakistan – 340/6 (Asad Shafiq 109, Younis Khan 101*, Chris Woakes 2/52)
Here are some statistical highlights of the day 2 of 4th Test:
- Pakistan batsman Younis Khan has completed his 32nd Test century in the ongoing Pakistan innings. At the end of day 2, Younis Khan remained unbeaten on 101 runs. It was his 50th time 50+ knocks in Test at outside Pakistan. Younis Khan became third Test cricketer to score 50 or more times 50+ runs in outside home. Also, Younis Khan became the 1st non-Indian cricketer to do this. Only Sachin Tendulkar (65 times) and Rahul Dravid (57 times) had scored more times 50+ runs in overseas Test than Younis Khan.
- Pakistan batsmen Asad Shafiq and Younis Khan put a well fighting 150-runs partnership for the 4th wicket in the ongoing Pakistan innings. It was Pakistan’s sixth highest 4th wicket Test partnership against England and also Pakistan’s fourth highest 4th wicket Test partnership in England.
- Pakistan batsmen Asad Shafiq (109) and Younis Khan (101*) hit centuries in the ongoing Pakistan’s first innings of this Test. It was the 8th time that more than one Pakistan batsman hit a century in the same Test innings in England soil.
- After dismissing Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq, English pacer Chris Woakes becomes the highest wicket-taker for England in a Test series against Pakistan. Woakes surpassed James Anderson who had taken a total of 23 wickets against Pakistan in 2010 Test Series (in England). Currently, Woakes has taken 25 wickets in this Test series as he took one more wicket (Iftikhar Ahmed) on the day.
- Debutant Pakistan batsman Iftikhar Ahmed was dismissed on just 4 runs in his first Test innings. It was the first time that a Pakistan debutant batsman got out on 4 runs against England.
- At the stumps of day 2, Pakistan is batting on 340/6. It was their 6th highest total in a Test innings at this ground (Kennington Oval, London).