The Bangladeshis are simply on a roll in ODI’s. The Bangla Tigers mauled the Indians apart in Mirpur, as they won an agonizingly one sided encounter by 79 runs. Batting first, the hosts got to a respectable total of 307 in 49.4 overs. At one stage, it seemed that the Bangladesh batsmen would easily get to 330 or more. But a spirited comeback from the Indian bowlers ensured that they were restricted to 307.
The Indians at one stage were 95-0, but a middle order collapse meant that India was reduced to 128-5. From then on, it was just a formality as the Indian batsmen struggled big time. Debutant Mustafizur bagged a five wicket haul on debut, as the Indians were blown away by the hosts in Mirpur.
Below, are the stats highlights from the first ODI played at Mirpur.
1. This was Bangladesh’s 4th win against India. They won previously in 2004, 2007 and 2012.
2. This was the 1st time that Bangladesh amassed a score of 300 or more against India.
3. Mustafizur Rehman became only the 2nd Bangladeshi bowler to bag a five for on debut. The first was Taskin Ahmed, who bagged a five wicket haul against the same opposition.
4. During their 95 run opening stand, Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma became only the 3rd Indian opening pair to aggregate 2000+ runs in ODI’s. The first two pairs were Tendulkar – Ganguly (6609) and Tendulkar – Sehwag (3919)
5. For the first time in his career, Rohit Sharma’s batting average touched 40.
6. While Bangladesh got to 307, it marked the 46th occasion in 2015, when a side got to 300 or more.
7. An opening stand of 100 or more was raised against India for the first time in 36 innings. The previous occasion was in December 2013, when De Kock and Amla raised 194 for the first wicket against India.
8. Mustafizur Rehman became the 7th youngest bowler to get a 5 wicket haul in ODI’s. Pakistani legend Waqar Younis was the youngest to get a 5 wicket haul.
9. Since November 2014, Bangladesh have won a staggering 12 games and lost just 3.
10. This was Bangladesh 9th consecutive ODI win at home.