Stats: South Africa defeated India by 214, clinch the series 3-2
South Africa defeated India by a huge margin of 214 runs in the fifth and final ODI of the series at Wankhede, Mumbai, where India won their World Cup after 28 years in 2011. In reply to South Africa’s mammoth total 438 for 4 India scored 224 in 36 overs.
In South Africa’s a large margin victory, many records have broken. Here are those:
1) The highest total at Indian soil: South Africa scored 438 for 4 broke the previous total was 418 for 5 by India against West Indies.
2) This is the highest ODI innings total at Wankhede. The previous total was held by New Zealand 358 against Canada.
3) This is South Africa’s third highest total in World cricket.
4) Hashim Amla becomes the fastest to reach 6000 runs overtaking Virat Kohli’s record.
5) Quinton de Kock equaled Salman Butt’s record of 5 ODI centuries against India.
6) This is India’s the highest margin defeat at home by the run. The overall highest is 245 by Sri Lanka.
7) Rohit Sharma played his first ODI at his home ground after making his debut in 2008.
8) Quinton de Kock took only 52 innings to notch up his 8th ODI hundred. He is second fastest batsman after Hashim Amla to reach his 8th century.
9) Bhuvneshwar Kumar conceded 106 runs in an innings, the second highest in ODI history. The highest in Indian soil as well.
10) This is South Africa’s third 200 plus run victory in 2015.
11) South Africa have won their first bilateral ODI series in India since their first India tour in 1990.
12) 20 Year bowling sensation Kagiso Rabada is the joint highest wicket taker of this series along with Dale Steyn he took 10 wickets.
13) AB de Villiers is the highest run scorer of this series. He hit three centuries and scored 358 at an average of 89.50. The highest in this series. He also hit 20 sixes, the highest in this series.
14) Quinton de Kock hit 44 boundaries in this series, the highest.