After some less than 150 years of Test matches, a total of 333 double centuries have been scored in Test cricket. Among these 333 Test centuries, the founder nations of the Test cricket, Australia and England having scored the most number of them. . Double centuries by a player most often than not ensures that a team cannot lose a Test match , if they can’t go and win that .Here is the list of teams , whose players have scored most double centuries
1) Australia: Australia stands on the top of the table with it’s players having scored 67 double centuries in Test cricket so far.
2) England: England stands 2nd on the table with it’s players having scored 52 double centuries in Test cricket.
3) West Indies: The dominating side in the 1970s and 80s finds itself 3rd in the list , with it’s players having scored 51 double centuries, just 1 less than the English side.
4) India: India finds itself 4th on the table with 43 double centuries. Flat pitches in India does have a share in them.
6)Sri Lanka: Sri lanka finds itself 6th on the table with 33 double centuries by their players so far. Late entry to Test cricket is the main reason for Sri Lanka lying o bottom in the table.
7) South Africa: South Africa finds itself 7th in the table with 27 double centuries by their players so far in Test cricket. A ban on the side due to Apartheid policies leads the team being so low down the table.
8) New Zealand: Despite not being a new entry to International cricket, they find themselves at the 8th spot with just 19 double centuries so far by New Zealanders in test cricket. Less number of Test matches have not helped their cause here.
9) Zimbabwe: Zimbabwe finds themselves at the 9th spot with just 4 double centuries by their players. Being a non regular Test playing nation is the main reason here.
10) Bangladesh: Bangladesh finds itself at the 10th position with just 1 double century by their players so far.