The West Indies Cricket Board finally confirmed late Friday that the team’s tour of India had been deserted following a pay dispute with their own players. As India won the fourth of what were supposed to be 5 ODI by 59 runs in Dharamsala, despite West Indian contradiction, the tour was over, said the Board of Control for Cricket in India. The West Indies Cricket Board demanded forcefully during the course of Friday’s match, that no decision had been taken to call off the series.

Following a teleconference, after many hours the West Indies Cricket Board gave a statement blaming their own players from their headquarters in St John’s, Antigua. The West Indies Cricket Board elucidated that players in the West Indies Squad currently in India represented by Mr. Dwayne Bravo (ODI captain) stipulated to the WICB through the West Indies Team Management that the players have taken a decision to extract their services for the remainder of the tour of India, the West Indies Cricket Board latest statement said.

The West Indies Cricket Board wishes to further illuminate that its proposed substitute arrangement of a replacement West Indies team was not considered acceptable. The West Indies Cricket Board is understanding of this position. In the course of a 10 point statement, the West Indies Cricket Board told it would hold an emergency board meeting in Barbados on Tuesday to conduct a thorough evaluation of all the aftermath of the premature end to the tour, with a media conference after that meeting.