Indian limited-overs captain MS Dhoni is celebrating the 35th birthday. As a captain, he has won any laurel from the ICC and Indian government. He has given India almost all ICC trophies.
In 2011 under his captaincy India ended a 27-year drought of World Cup. Over the years he has made a legacy for himself.
Here are his achievements:
1) MS Dhoni is the only Indian captain who has led India to all three major ICC events. From winning the maiden T20 World Cup in 2007 on his captaincy debut to lead India to a World Cup victory on home soil in 2011. In 2013 he has won the Champions Trophy.
2) Under his captaincy, India holds the numero uno position in Test ranking for 18 months.
3) MS Dhoni is the only non-Australian captain who has led his team more than 100 matches. He is also the third captain to have won the 100 matches after two Australian captains after Ricky Ponting and Allan Border.
4) Dhoni is the fourth fastest batsman who has completed 8000 runs in New Zealand fifth and final match.
5) In 2013 Champions Trophy Dhoni has won the Champions Trophy which made Dhoni have all three ICC trophies in his kitty. In the Champions Trophy India was the only team who were unbeaten. In the final, India defeated England by 5 runs.
6) On November 1, 2011, the Indian Territorial Army conferred with honorary rank Lieutenant Colonel to Dhoni after which Dhoni has become the only captain after Kapil Dev to receive this prestigious award.
7) 2008 and 2009 Dhoni was awarded the ICC Player of the Year trophy.
8) In 2011, 2012 and 2013 under Dhoni captaincy India was named as ICC team of the year.
9) Dhoni has won the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award in 2007.
10) 2011 CNN-IBN Indian of the Year in Sports