Wen New Zealand announced their test squad for the upcoming series against Zimbabwe, there was one name that stood out – Jeet Raval. The 27-year old cricketer is an Indian born player, who has been called up by the Kiwis.
As expected, a lot has been said and discussed about the player, so we went ahead and and looked at the top 10 little known facts about Jeet Raval, take a look.
1. Jeet was born on 22 September in 1988 in Gujarat, a state in India.
2. He has also played junior cricket in India as he has represented Gujarat under-15 team and Gujarat under-17 during his early days.
3. Raval’s family shifted their base from India to New Zealand in the year 2004.
4. Raval has also represented New Zealand at Under 19 level as he has played both test matches and One dayer’s for Kiwis.
5. In total Raval has played five under 19 matches and ironically all the matches have come against India under 19 team.
7. Jeet can be called as a late entrant to the international circuit as many of his under 19 teammates like Tim Southee, kane Williamson, Corey Anderson and many others have already played number of games for their team.
8. It is a co-incidence that Raval has earned the test call when Ish Sodhi, other Indian origin player has earned a recall in the test team.
9. Raval likes to be called as The Wall but he idolises Sourav Ganguly.
10. In an interview last year Raval said that he is still in good touch with with the guys in Gujarat. Manpreet Juneja, Ishwar Chaudhary, Priyank Panchal being the few.