Many cricketers got success in the cricket field but some of them came from other sports background. Some of us knows this fact, today I am going to share this facts with you. Some of this cricketers did not set up their mind initially to come to this sport but later them came. Some of these players played cricket for pastime. Let’s did deep into this.
5. Sourav Ganguly: The synonym of offside, the Bengal Tiger Sourav Ganguly is in the 5th position in this list. Some felt he could not play the bouncer, others swore that he was God on the off-side, some laughed at his lack of athleticism, others took extensive pride in his ability to galvanize a side. But did you know that he was a soccer fan in his childhood. Even he played few matches for a first division football team in West Bengal. After that he devoted himself for Cricket, and the rest part is known to everyone.
4. Aasif Karim: The skipper of 1999 world cup Kenya team, is standing at 4th position in this list. This cricketer came back in 2003 tournament in which his country enjoyed their finest cricketing hour by reaching the semi-finals. But the mai fact is he was a tennis player before playing cricket. He represented Kenya in the Devis cup.
3. Bill Alley: This old English name occupied the 3rd position in this list. Bill was the last person who scored 3000 first-class runs in an English season in 1961. He was a boxer who won 28 fights in his career. HE faced some injury problem in his boxing career where his skull was broken. After recovering from this injury he did not return to the ring and started his cricketing career.
2. AB De Villiers: A wicketkeeper who is perfectly at ease donning pads and gloves. AB De Villiers adjusts to the requirements of cricket’s various formats as effortlessly as someone of his enough abilities should do. He was also a national level swimmer. Not only swimmer, he played golf, tennis, rugby too. He is at 2nd position in this list.
1. Jonty Rhodes: The legendary fielder, known as the god of Fielding, Jonty Rhodes is at 1st position in this list. Though he is famous for his fielding, he could bat well. But most surprisingly he was a skilled hockey player. He won many cups for South Africa but he did not qualify in the 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games.