Suresh Raina will be leading the side for the upcoming three ODI series. It is always difficult for the management to choose the playing XI in cricket, especially when there are a lot of talented players in the squad. Performance of the players in the recently concluded IPL 7 will form a major element of consideration.
As far as talent is concerned, we have Suresh Raina, Robin Uthappa, Ajinkya Rahane, Wriddhiman Saha, Cheteshwar Pujara and Manoj Tiwari in the batting arena and Mohit Sharma ,Umesh Yadav ,Parvez Rasool and Vinay Kumar as a part of the bowling attack.
Most of the fans would agree that the following 5 players could be key for India:
1) Suresh Raina – Undoubtedly, Raina is going to play a pivotal role by leading the team upfront. He is not only a dependable middle order batsman but is also an excellent fielder. At times, he has also given a glimpse of his bowling skills, which could be useful in Bangladesh. With his cool temperament and wide exposure, he will prove to be successful skipper
2) Robin Uthappa – By virtue of being the orange cap holder and the highest run getter in the IPL 7, Uthappa has already secured his berth in the playing XI. Given his current form, most of his fans are expecting a couple of good innings on this tour. He is definitely going to one of the key contributors
3) Ajinkya Rahane – He has gradually emerged as a very responsible and sensible player for the ODI format. His temperament and ability to judge and play the ball according to its merit will prove handy. He has the ability to play long innings and is a good runner between the wickets. He will be chosen ahead of Tiwari and Kedar Jadhav
4) Mohit Sharma – He was the leading wicket taker in this year’s IPL. He has been a very consistent performer for his IPL team CSK. With his ability to swing the ball and his changes of pace, he can be a major weapon in Bangladesh
5) Umesh Yadav – Yadav had a pretty good IPL and showed that he can bowl a good line and length. With his express pace and good stamina, he can be a major threat for the Bangladeshi batsmen who are not used to facing such high speeds