As the England and India series is drawing near we look into various aspects of the series. India will take guard against England in English soil, and England will be looking forward to perform well in their home soil and to do that they need to perform well with bat and ball. In the present England squad there are various batsmen which can play big innings and cause India problem. Here we make a list of top five batsmen of England who are up for this series.
- Alastair Nathan Cook– One of the best England captain. He is currently under fire for his lack of imaganativeness while captaining of England Test and One day international teams. He is a left-handed opening batsman and has played some great knocks for England. Cook’s recent form is not so good and it is affecting his captaincy. But it can change in this series and Cook can play some blistering innings. He has played 102 Test and has scored over 8000 runs.
- Gary Ballance– Gary Ballance‘s reputation flowered during a run-rich 2013 county season after which he was selected for England’s tour of Australia a.k.a Ashes. He made his Test debut in Sydney at the end of England’s 5-0 whitewash. In the previous series, against Sri Lanka, Ballance scored a blistering innings of 104 and an innings of a 74. So India needs to dismiss Ballance as early as possible as if he stays he is capable of playing big innings.
- Ian Bell – One of the best batsman in the present England squad. He is right-handed higher middle order batsmen and is know for his pechant of scoring runs against Indian team. Recently he completed 100th Test for England, scoring over 6000 runs and scoring 20 centuries. In the previous series Ian Bell was in good form scoring two half centuries. Let’s see if he can play big innings in the coming series.
- Moeen Ali–Moeen Ali is a silky strokemaker and useful offspinner for England and is very much vital for England’s chances of winning the series. A great all-rounder for England, provides a key to success in this series. He is a young English talent and in the previous series in the last innings he scored a century and also took few wickets. So Moeen Ali is a serious threat to India in the recent series.
- Joe Root– He is another young English talent and has played well t such young age. Joe Root’s Test debut for England in Nagpur in 2012 exemplified the qualities which had attracted coaches from an early age. In 16 Tests he has over 1000 runs .In the previous series against Sri Lanka he has scored a double century. So India needs his wicket as fast as possible.