The year has been electric when it comes to Cricket. Though there were no major cricketing tournaments held this year in One Day Internationals leaving the Asia Cup, but it is a matter of fact that there has been a bulk of bilateral tournaments being played throughout the year. And this year marked several notable performances with the perspective of batting. To make things clearer, here is the list of the top 5 run getters in ODIs this year. Here goes the list.
- Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka): The Sri Lankan batsman had a great year this year and is the highest run getter of this year with 1256 runs from 28 matches that he played. His top score was 128. Also, he struck 4 centuries and 8 half centuries this year. He also played a vital role in Sri Lanka’s Asia Cup triumph.
- Angelo Mathews (Sri Lanka): The Sri Lankan captain of the present did have a great year this year. He played 32 matches this year and batted in 31 innings and scored a total of 1244 runs with his highest being 139*. Also, he struck 1 century and 9 half centuries this year. He is not only a great batsman but also a handy medium pacer for the Sri Lankans.
- Virat Kohli (India): He has been one of the prime strengths in the Indian batting line up for quite sometime. He is also the second fastest batsman to reach to 5000 ODI runs after Sir Viv Richards. He played a total of 21 matches this year and batted in 20 of them. He scored a total of 1054 runs with the highest being 139*. He averaged 58.55 and struck 4 centuries and 5 half centuries this year.
- Tilekaratne Dilshan (Sri Lanka): The Sri Lankan batting has a great year too though he remained inconsistent at times and failed to convert his cameos into big ones. He batted for 21 innings and scored 991 runs this year with his highest being 101. He averaged 41.25 and had scored 1 century and 7 half centuries this year.
- Hashim Amla (South Africa): He has been perhaps the phenomenal batsman for the Proteas in recent times and has been immensely consistent in his approach too. He played 18 matches this year and scored a total of 892 runs with his highest being 122*. Notably, he struck 5 centuries this year and also struck 2 half centuries.