West Indies’ promising batsman Darren Bravo, after a recent Twitter bash against president of the Windies cricket governing body Dave Cameron, has been called-up for an all-important meeting with the officials.

The 27-year-old Bravo’s contract was canceled in November (2016), after he made harsh remarks about board’s President Cameron on micro-blogging site Twitter.

Calling Cameron a “big idiot” after Bravo failed to make in the list of contract ‘A’ players drafted by its cricket board and was subsequently dropped from the 15-member One-day international squad for the triangular series in Zimbabwe for “unacceptable behavior”. He was replaced by Jason Mohammad.

Last month, in an interview with SportsMax, Cameron said Bravo had been offered a grade ‘C’ contract following the decline in his batting average.

“It is explicit that if your averages are not above a certain level, it tells you what contracts you get,” Cameron made it clear in the media statement.

Bravo in return revealed he is the only current West Indies batsman in Test cricket, who’s averaging 40.

The WICB is already going through a sour phase with its players. The national side hasn’t won a Test series since past two years. Several players have also withdrawn from the long form of cricket.

“We expect that a determination will be made concerning his selection for the Trinidad and Tobago Red Force and the West Indies teams following this meeting,” the Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board (TTCB) said in a media statement.

It’s pertinent to mention Bravo was the second-highest run scorer in the United Arab Emirates for the West Indies in the three-match Test series against Pakistan.

“Until the matter has been resolved and the parties have agreed on a position, Bravo would not be allowed to participate in the current Regional Digicel 4-Day, nor would he be eligible for selection for the West Indies,” it further says.

In the Test series against India in July-August, Bravo struggled in the middle and failed to impress the selectors by scoring just 139 runs in seven innings.

“The WICB awaits a response from Bravo regarding the meeting invitation.” The media release ended, “the TT CB is hoping for a quick resolution to this matter,” the media release said.

The venue and date for the meeting has not been announced yet.

  • SHARE

    Tahir Ibn Manzoor is a staffer at Sportzwiki.com, who follows cricket like food after listening to running commentary on a transistor radio when he was only eight, and penned down the scorecard when he turned 11. He Tweets @TahirIbnManzoor

    Related Posts

    English Premier League 2017/18: Round Up – Round 17

    Total no.of goals scored Round 17 = 21 Tuesday (12/12/2017) Barnes’ late strike provided a home victory for Burnley Burnley 1 (Ashley Barnes 89’) – Stoke...

    Messi has done lot of damage to me, Mourinho, Ramos: Xabi Alonso

    Madrid, Dec 14: Former Spanish midfielder Xabi Alonso recalled his time at Real Madrid and said Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi had caused a lot of...

    Ashes Test: Malan ton takes England to 305/4 on Day 1

    Perth, Dec 14: Dawid Malan's brilliant ton helped England score 305/4 in their first innings against Australia on the opening day of the Third Ashes...

    New Zealand’s Bracewell replaces Grandhomme in ODI squad against West Indies

    Wellington, Dec 14; New Zealand medium pacer Doug Bracewell replaced all-rounder Colin de Grandhomme for the three-match One-day International (ODI) series against West Indies starting...

    ISL: Dynamos defender Ralte likely to play against FC Goa

    New Delhi, Dec 14: Delhi Dynamos are likely to include left-back Sena Ralte in the squad for their forthcoming Indian Super League (ISL) season four...