Monza (Italy), Sep 4 (IANS) Team Mercedes’ German driver Nico Rosberg on Sunday won the Italian Grand Prix, the 14th race of the 2016 Formula One World Championship.
Rosberg was the first to complete 53 laps of the circuit in Monza, quashing his British team-mate Lewis Hamilton’s hopes of reaching the 50th win of his Formula One career, reports Efe.
Hamilton finished second having almost immediately dropped into sixth from pole when the race began.
Team Ferrari drivers Sebastian Vettel of Germany and Kimi Raikkonen of Finland came third and fourth, respectively, and Australia’s Daniel Ricciardo of team Red Bull was fifth.
Sunday’s win is Rosberg’s seventh of the season and keeps him second in the F1 driver standings on 248 points, two points behind Hamilton at the top with 250 points.
The next race of the F1 season takes the drivers to Singapore on Sept.
Team Force India secured the eight and 10th spot through drivers Sergio Perez and Nico Hulkenberg, respectively.
Following are the results of the Formula One Italian Grand Prix at the Monza circuit on Sunday, according to Xinhua:
1. Nico Rosberg (Germany/Mercedes) 1 hour 17 minutes 28.089 seconds
2. Lewis Hamilton (Britain/Mercedes) 15.070 seconds behind
3. Sebastian Vettel (Germany/Ferrari) 20.990
4. Kimi Raikkonen (Finland/Ferrari) 27.561
5. Daniel Ricciardo (Australia/Red Bull) 45.295
6. Valtteri Bottas (Finland/Williams) 51.015
7. Max Verstappen (Netherlands/Red Bull) 54.236
8. Sergio Perez (Mexico/Force India) 1:04.954
9. Felipe Massa (Brazil/Williams) 1:05.617
10. Nico H|lkenberg (Germany/Force India) 1:18.656
11. Romain Grosjean (France/Haas) 1 lap
12. Jenson Button (Britain/McLaren) 1 lap
13. Esteban Gutierrez (Mexico/Haas) 1 lap
14. Fernando Alonso (Spain/McLaren) 1 lap
15. Carlos Sainz Jr (Spain/Toro Rosso) 1 lap
16. Marcus Ericsson (Sweden/Sauber) 1 lap
17. Kevin Magnussen (Denmark/Renault) 1 lap
18. Estiban Ocon (France/Manor) 2 laps