The former Chelsea striker was interestingly invited into Roman Abramovich’s private box as a personal guest for yesterday’s home victory over Sunderland following the shock sacking of Jose Mourinho after dramatic incidents.

And now the billionaire Russian has reportedly asked Drogba to join the Blue’s backroom team to help interim manager Guus Hiddink stop the club’s astonishing slump towards the relegation zone.

37-year-old Drogba, who netted 164 times in two spells at Stamford Bridge, still has one year left on his playing contract with Major League Soccer side Montreal Impact and is in no hurry to hang up his boots and the Chelsea owner wants the Ivorian back at the Blue’s Cobham training ground to work with struggling strikers Digeo Costa and Radamel Falcao.

It is understood that the Russian is ready to pay Montreal Impact whatever it takes to bring back his all-time favourite Stamford Bridge figure now as he doesn’t want to wait for another 12months.

Drogba joined Major League Soccer side Montreal Impact back in July this year. Since arriving Canada, the Ivorian scored 11 goals in 12 appearances for the MLS side. His team was knocked out following an extra-time defeat to Columbus Crew in the play-offs. Earlier this month reports came that the former Chelsea star is waiting for a return to Stamford Bridge to train with his former teammates during the MLS off-season until January. 

Drogba, who won four Premier League silverwares in nine seasons with Chelsea along with four FA Cups, three League Cups and the Champions League, has made no secret of his future plans to return to Stamford Bridge in near future.

The veteran striker recently admitted in an interview: “It’s something we’ve been talking about for years.

I think it’s going to happen. We just have to decide in what capacity.”

Even though Didier Drogba does not have his coaching badges, he understands there is an immediate opening for him at his former club after Chelsea sacked Mourinho and his Portuguese assistants. The statement released on the club’s website after the decision to part away with the troubled manager, said the Premier League champions axed Mourinho for the second time “by mutual consent” after emergency board meetings led by club owner Roman Abramovich.

 

 

  • SHARE

    Related Posts

    Mohammad Hafeez Reported For Suspect Bowling Action Again

    Pakistan allrounder Mohammad Hafeez has been reported for a suspect bowling action once again. The off-spinner was reported for a suspect action by match officials...

    Here’s The Daily Sports Round Up From Around The Globe On 19th October, 2017

    Here is Sportzwiki’s daily news round-up, featuring top sports news from around the world, on 19th October 2017. Here’s all the news from sporting...

    David Warner Reveals Why He Asked Rohit Sharma To Talk English

    Three years after being involved in a heated exchange with Rohit Sharma, Australia's star David Warner has revealed why he told the India opener to...

    SA vs BAN 2nd ODI: Every Team Lacks An AB de Villiers: Mashrafe Mortaza

    If Bangladesh were hoping for a respite in the third One-Day International against South Africa on Wednesday (October 18) after being thoroughly outplayed in the...

    South Africa Vs Bangladesh 2017: AB De Villiers Is A Destroyer – Mashrafe Mortaza

    Doubting champions is never the sensible thing to do especially in a sport like cricket, which thrives on the brilliance of champions. One such...