Chelsea winger Juan Cuadrado has been heavily linked with a move back to Italy, having starred for Juventus during his loan spell last season. The Colombian was shipped out following his Chelsea move last January after making only 13 appearances.
Earlier reports claimed that he would return to Juventus on a permanent basis, but Antonio Conte, since appointed as Chelsea manager, has maintained that he wants him at Chelsea for next season. Talks of a move to AC Milan also surfaced recently, however, the player’s agent claims that there’s no negotiation right now.
“There is no negotiation underway between Milan and Chelsea for the passage of the player to the Rossoneri,” he said to Il Milanista (via the Daily Star) on Tuesday night.
Meanwhile, Milan reportedly wants to talk with Chelsea over a move for Cuadrado, with Rossoneri coach Vincenzo Montella keen to link up with the Colombia international having coached him at Fiorentina.
Cuadrado’s displays for Montella earned him a move to Chelsea in January 2015, only for him to then be sent on loan to Juventus last season.
Milan would like the player on loan for the 2016/17 campaign, paying £8.5million up front, before concluding a permanent deal next summer for a further £15m.
But Cuadrado’s future still remains unclear despite his agent’s latest claim, as Chelsea beat Milan 3-1 on Thursday, and Conte – who previously described the winger as fitting his ‘idea of football’ – says there is still plenty of time in the transfer window for changes at Stamford Bridge.
Conte said: “Cuadrado is a Chelsea player as I said with Diego Costa. He has worked very hard and is training very hard with us.
“Everyone knows what I think about him and everyone knows that good players have a lot of interest in a transfer window.
“Now he is a Chelsea player and happy. If you ask me what could happen in the future I couldn’t answer about Cuadrado nor other players.”