Last week Gareth Bale’s agent Jonathan Barnett, in an apparent reference to Cristiano Ronaldo, claimed that his superstar client is not interested in representing himself as an “underwear model”. The controversial comment didn’t go well in Spain as he was criticized in the Madrid supported media.
Gareth Bale is also not happy with his talkative agent and Radio Marca is reporting, the Welshman apologised to Ronaldo for the “underwear” comment as soon as he returned Madrid after completing the international duty.
There were also rumours that Bale will sack Jonathan Barnett because he doesn’t want to get involved in any controversy. But the agent reacted angrily to Spanish media’s speculations about his sacking. Barnett was present in a radio show Al Primer Toque on Thursday night, whereby an audio clip he said that the story is completely baseless, stupid and disgusting.
“I do not comment on stupid and uninformed journalism,” Barnett said. “It is a disgusting and stupid article, done by a very, very bad journalist. It is a made-up story by a very, very bad journalist.”
According to AS, Ronaldo is not bothered about these type of comments and understands his Real Madrid teammate will never involve himself in such a controversy.