Carlo Ancelotti has no problem returning to Stamford Bridge in future but denied any imminent move backing Jose mourinho to turn things around.

The Italian manager is out of work after Real Madrid sacked him when the last season ended. Since then he has turned down an offer from former club AC Milan, but rulled out any possibility of replacing under-pressure Mourinho at Stamford Bridge.

“I would have no problem with Chelsea,” He told Daily Mail. “But Jose won’t be sacked. They already chose to keep him, and I think they made a good choice. He knows better than anyone what is going on at Chelsea.

“Sometimes you can’t explain why things happen … what is going wrong. It is a mystery. How did we lose [with AC Milan] in Istanbul when we were three goals up against Liverpool at half-time? You expect the opponent manager to put on a striker but he puts on a midfielder!

“I look from a distance at Chelsea and I think they won the title easily last year and I don’t think they are so motivated this year. It’s true that the manager has to be able to motivate players but the manager cannot motivate a player if the player is not self-motivated. It’s impossible. They have lost something and it’s difficult to change like a switch. You have to work slowly to change.

“But Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world, no doubt. I look at his body language and he’s OK. He is not so worried. He has confidence. During the Dynamo Kiev game the supporters were singing his name. He’ll sort it out.”

Ancelotti also revealed he was not been approached by Liverpool ahead of Jurgen Klopp’s appointment, but insisted he would be keen on a potential return to Premier League if the job suits him.

“I would like to come back to work in England,” he said. “I love the football here, I still have a house in London, and I would like to be with a team that is competitive in England and in Europe.

“I think Liverpool are a good team. They have some really good young players — [Philippe] Coutinho, [Roberto] Firmino, [Christian] Benteke. If they can find an experienced player like [Steven] Gerrard or [Jamie] Carragher — an example to the squad — I think they can be really competitive. But I did not speak with them. If I spoke with them I can say ‘yes,’ but no, I did not.

“They made the right appointment in Klopp. He is a good manager. With the best managers you see their identity in their team. Klopp’s Dortmund team had a very strong identity.”

Ancelotti also expressed his disappointment about being sacked by Real Madrid. The 62-year-old Italian took charge from Mourinho in June 2013 and led the Los Blancos to the historic La Decima.

“To be sacked is part of your job,” Ancelotti said. “But if you ask me about being sacked by Real Madrid I tell you that it was not right.”

  • SHARE

    Related Posts

    Volgograd hotel jacks prices 20 times for World Cup

    Volgograd, Dec 16: Russias consumer rights watchdog Rospotrebnadzor has initiated an administrative case in regard to a hotel in Volgograd for inflating prices by over...

    Bravo doubtful of return to Windies team

    Sharjah, Dec 16: West Windies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo has expressed doubts on his possible return to national colours in any format. Bravo, who last represented the...

    Ranji Trophy: Karnataka favourites against Vidarbha

    Kolkata, Dec 16: Eight-time champions Karnataka will be hot favourites against Vidarbha who are still not sure of the services of India speedster Umesh Yadav...

    Knee injury forces Sania to miss Australian Open

    Kolkata, Dec 16: Indian tennis star Sania Mirza said on Saturday that she will not be taking part in the Australian Open early next year...

    Man Utd still in title race: Matic

    Manchester, Dec 16: Serbian midfielder Nemanja Matic said on Saturday that Manchester United are not out of the race for the English Premier League (EPL)...