NOVARA - 29/04/2012 CAMPIONATO DI CALCIO SERIE A - 2011 - 20112- INCONTRO TRA NOVARA - JUVENTUS - NELLA FOTO ANTONIO CONTE FOTO GIUSEPPE MATTEINI (TM NEWS - INFOPHOTO) Citazione obbligatoria (TM NEWS - INFOPHOTO)

After the sacking of Mourinho earlier this season, Guus Hiddink who was appointed as an interim manager has done wonders with the squad and has had them playing some consistent football after the turn of the year.

However, the Dutchman seems set to be replaced this summer and all the rumors point to once name, Antonio Conte to take over the club before the start of the next season.

The 46-year old is expected widely to step down as the coach of the Italian national team and it is highly reported that he will take over the Stamford Bridge franchise next season with some of the reports also stating that he has agreed on a pre-contract with the club.

However, the Premier League franchise were dealt a blow earlier today after the Italian revealed his plans for the next season.

Conte who has supposedly agreed a three-year £18m deal denied any such rumors in a press conference and revealed that he is still open to a move to any of the Serie A clubs.

“Chelsea? It’s not a taboo for me, but I could talk about Italian teams too,” Conte said today ahead of Italy’s friendly with Spain.

Conte also spoke about leaving the national team and that it was a hard and an emotional decision to leave the squad this year and explained that his mind is now set on helping his team until he is working with them.

However, he also revealed that he is flattered by the rumors linking him to Chelsea and said that he has not agreed on any terms with the Stamford Bridge franchise.

He then went on to say his future may also lie in Italy and that this is a decision he cannot rush into.

“I’ve taken the choice, and now we’ll see what the future holds if there’s something beautiful in Italy or abroad. These choices are never taken lightly.”

The 46-year old also revealed that he is surely going to leave the national squad and that he is looking for a club job for the next two years.

“What’s certain is that I won’t be coaching Italy for the next two years, my intention is to return to a club,” Conte added.

But keeping all this aside, Express Sport has recently revealed that an official announcement about Conte’s move to Chelsea is expected before the end of this month.

It could be dangerous for Chelsea if Conte does not accept the offer as they will leave with no real manager of European pedigree.

Do you think Conte will move to Chelsea next season?

  • SHARE

    Related Posts

    Mohammad Hafeez Reported For Suspect Bowling Action Again

    Pakistan allrounder Mohammad Hafeez has been reported for a suspect bowling action once again. The off-spinner was reported for a suspect action by match officials...

    Here’s The Daily Sports Round Up From Around The Globe On 19th October, 2017

    Here is Sportzwiki’s daily news round-up, featuring top sports news from around the world, on 19th October 2017. Here’s all the news from sporting...

    David Warner Reveals Why He Asked Rohit Sharma To Talk English

    Three years after being involved in a heated exchange with Rohit Sharma, Australia's star David Warner has revealed why he told the India opener to...

    SA vs BAN 2nd ODI: Every Team Lacks An AB de Villiers: Mashrafe Mortaza

    If Bangladesh were hoping for a respite in the third One-Day International against South Africa on Wednesday (October 18) after being thoroughly outplayed in the...

    South Africa Vs Bangladesh 2017: AB De Villiers Is A Destroyer – Mashrafe Mortaza

    Doubting champions is never the sensible thing to do especially in a sport like cricket, which thrives on the brilliance of champions. One such...