Breaking: Pepe Accepts €4m Cash And Two-Year Contract From Inter Milan
Current Football News

Breaking: Pepe Accepts €4m Two-Year Contract From Inter Milan

Image Credits: Marca

Real Madrid defender Pepe has opted to join Serie A giants Inter Milan ahead of Chinese Super League club Hebei Fortune, according to ​Marca.

The Portuguese centre-back was also reportedly attracting interest from teams in England and France, with PSG leading the race for his signature.

But Inter’s ambitious project and the money offered are believed to have persuaded Pepe to move to the San Siro. The Portuguese star, as per reports, has accepted a 4m euro 2-year contract.

The deal is reportedly close to being finalised, subject to the agreement of some terms yet to be agreed.

Inter’s Suning Group owners met with Pepe’s agent on Friday as they look to secure the free transfer of the 34-year-old.

Pepe’s contract with Los Blancos is set to expire come the summer, and he is expected to bring to an end a 10-season spell at the club.

The former Porto man has won two Champions League titles with Real Madrid, with another potentially on the cards next month.

Pepe and his teammates will play against Juventus at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, which will likely be the last appearance in a Real Madrid shirt for the Portugal international.

Pepe has made just 16 appearances in all competitions so far this season, with both Sergio Ramos and Raphaël Varane often preferred in defence by coach Zinedine Zidane.

However, Inter Milan director Piero Ausilio has denied that anything concrete has been agreed.

Pointing to the fact that the coaching job is currently vacant after the firing of Stefano Pioli, Ausilio dismissed transfer talk and insisted that filling the dugout is the priority.

“There is all of this talk about contracts and signings, but there’s absolutely nothing,” he told Mediaset Premium.

“It seems illogical to discuss players now when we have not yet chosen a coach to take over the squad next season.

“So we have to restructure the club first and to find the right coach, then focus on the rest.”

He did, however, confirm that a move for the Portuguese defender, whose contract runs out this summer, had been put to him.

“If I had to tell you every player we’ve recently been proposed then we would have 150 in the squad,” he said of the speculation.

“Pepe was suggested to us and we are considering the overall situation.

“I want to make considerations in a vague sense, rather than specifically, about Pepe because there is absolutely no deal.

“I say that players of experience, character and grit are always valuable.”

 

 

Most Popular

Top