Atletico Madrid’s star midfielder Ardan Turan has denied joining La Liga giants FC Barcelona this summer. Yesterday a section of the European media had strongly linked the Turkish superstar with a move to the Catalans.

But the player himself clarified all the doubts on twitter last night as he wrote that all the rumours are false and he is not joining any club at the moment. He said: “Some reports that have appeared in the press are incorrect. I’m just on holiday and resting.”

Watch Turan’s tweet here:

 

 

Arda Turan had confirmed his departure from Atletico Madrid on 28th June. His agent had also confirmed that the midfielder is considering a move out of Diego Simeone’s team.

He was in talks with 3 or 4 clubs. Premier League champions Chelsea FC and giants Manchester United were also linked with the player. Arda Turan’s future will be decided in the coming days.

The 28-yearold midfielder had joined the La Liga side in 2011. Since then he remained an integral part of their squad. The midfielder had played 178 games in total for Atletico Madrid scoring 22 goals and provided 32 assists.

The Turkish midfielder is an utility player who can play in almost every position in the midfield. Turan played a vital role in atletico’s success last season when they had won the La Liga and reached the final of UEFA Champions League. Arda Turan transfer saga surely will grab quite a few eye balls this time. 

  • SHARE

    Related Posts

    Rohit records third double-ton in ODIs

    Mohali, Dec 13: India skipper Rohit Sharma (208 not out), who piloted India to a mammoth 392 against Sri Lanka on Wednesday, became the first...

    British cyclist Chris Froome to cooperate with UCI after abnormal drug test

    Madrid, Dec 13: Britain's four-time Tour de France champion Chris Froome on Wednesday said he would provide any information required by the International Cycling Union,...

    WWE Smackdown Live full results: December 12th, 2017

    Last night marked the go-home edition of Smackdown Live for the Clash of Champions PPV, on this Sunday. Shinsuke Nakamura was back in action...

    WWE: What Happened Once Smackdown Went Off The Air: December 12, 2017

    Yesterday marked the last night before Smackdown Live comes up with the annual PPV event, Clash of Champions on this Sunday. It is going...

    WWE News: New Number One Contender’s Match Announced for Next Week’s Raw

    As reported earlier, Rich Swann got suspended from WWE for an indefinite span of time. He was involved in an altercation with his wife...