Falcao resumes full training
Falcao resumes full training

Radamel Falcao is still refusing to give up on his Chelsea career after returning to full training.

The Colombian striker’s season-long loan at Stamford Bridge has been a disaster till now but he is dreaming, if Antonio Conte takes charge next season then he could give him a lifeline in English football.

30-year-old Falcao knows Conte – who is believed to be named as Chelsea’s new boss, once tried to sign him when he was in charge of Juventus and now Falcao’s representatives are trying to hear from Conte before making a final decision on his future as the forward is keen to have a proper crack at the Premier League.

Italy boss Conte, whose contract ends after Euro 2016, is already preparing a shortlist of potential targets and he could be named within days.

Falcao is right now on loan from Monaco but it has been a complete disaster at Chelsea and has been out with a thigh injury for the last three months.

He only made nine Premier League appearances for the Blues and has completed 90 minutes on just one occasion, a 3-1 defeat to Southampton. He has not played since 31th October but recently resumed full training.

Despite a strong interest from China, Falcao’s priority is to play in the top flight of English football.

With Chelsea having been so poor this term and Antonio Conte likely to prefer a 3-5-2 formation, a major overhaul seems to be on the cards, but recent reports claim that a face-to-face meeting with Falcao is possible, and the player could be told he has a future at Stamford Bridge.

Another loan deal might become an option, while there is a clause already allowing Chelsea to sign the Latin American striker permanently for 38.8 million pounds.

Many believe, Falcao has already lost his credibility as a consistent goal scorer, and is definitely struggling to cope up with English football right now. His current contract with Monaco ends in 2018, which makes it quite difficult to think he will be interested to leave European football until his contract expires, but there is a possibility he might go for a drop in wages.

Last month there was a report from The Telegraph which claimed that the Colombian failed in a desperate deadline-day transfer to end his Chelsea nightmare during the winter window, despite flying to Madrid to discuss about a re-signing for his former club Atletico Madrid.

 

 

  • SHARE

    Related Posts

    Mohammad Hafeez Reported For Suspect Bowling Action Again

    Pakistan allrounder Mohammad Hafeez has been reported for a suspect bowling action once again. The off-spinner was reported for a suspect action by match officials...

    Here’s The Daily Sports Round Up From Around The Globe On 19th October, 2017

    Here is Sportzwiki’s daily news round-up, featuring top sports news from around the world, on 19th October 2017. Here’s all the news from sporting...

    David Warner Reveals Why He Asked Rohit Sharma To Talk English

    Three years after being involved in a heated exchange with Rohit Sharma, Australia's star David Warner has revealed why he told the India opener to...

    SA vs BAN 2nd ODI: Every Team Lacks An AB de Villiers: Mashrafe Mortaza

    If Bangladesh were hoping for a respite in the third One-Day International against South Africa on Wednesday (October 18) after being thoroughly outplayed in the...

    South Africa Vs Bangladesh 2017: AB De Villiers Is A Destroyer – Mashrafe Mortaza

    Doubting champions is never the sensible thing to do especially in a sport like cricket, which thrives on the brilliance of champions. One such...