Eden Hazard’s father has claimed his son is only focused on guiding Chelsea salvage their disastrous season despite several rumours linking him with a potential move to Real Madrid.

After the appointment of Zinedine Zidane at Real Madrid replacing Benitez few days ago, reports started to come that the La Liga giants will again step up their pursuit of the highly-rated playmaker. Zidane has long been a big admirer of Hazard and he could certainly well try and tempt the Belgium international to Bernabeu in the summer as Hazard also regards him as his idol.

The 25-year-old midfielder so far has been the mere shadow of the star performer who won the Player of the Year award last season and this term yet to score for Chelsea in 27 games in all competitions. However, Hazard has managed to score four times for his country and it is expected he could well go for a new challenge away from Stamford Bridge.

But, his father Thierry Hazard has ruled out the reports which claimed his son could leave Chelsea: Eden is at Chelsea and thinks only of Chelsea.” He told The Times.

“Even with Chelsea, he has ambitions yet. Winning the title might be hard, but the top three is still possible.”

 

Zidane, the France and Real Madrid legend voiced his support towards Hazard just two months ago when the Chelsea star was severely criticised for his poor start to the Premier League campaign and now being appointed as Real Madrid manager, he apparently refused to rule out the rumours suggesting Real will try to lure him to La Liga in near future.  

Chelsea however, agreed a new five-year lucrative contract worth £200,000 per week with Eden Hazard only 10 months ago in order to secure his long-term future and tried to neutralize the threat Real Madrid was posing consistently.

Hazard who is linked with Manchester United also in some tabloids, is right now sidelined with groin injury which is set to keep him out of Guus Hiddink’s squad to face Scunthorpe in the FA Cup third round tie on Sunday.

Despite Hazard’s father ruling out any move, it will be a tough challenge for  Chelsea as they are not in a position to qualify for next season’s Champions League, Real Madrid are hoping to capitalise on this aspect to lure the Belgian.

 

 

  • SHARE

    Related Posts

    Volgograd hotel jacks prices 20 times for World Cup

    Volgograd, Dec 16: Russias consumer rights watchdog Rospotrebnadzor has initiated an administrative case in regard to a hotel in Volgograd for inflating prices by over...

    Bravo doubtful of return to Windies team

    Sharjah, Dec 16: West Windies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo has expressed doubts on his possible return to national colours in any format. Bravo, who last represented the...

    Ranji Trophy: Karnataka favourites against Vidarbha

    Kolkata, Dec 16: Eight-time champions Karnataka will be hot favourites against Vidarbha who are still not sure of the services of India speedster Umesh Yadav...

    Knee injury forces Sania to miss Australian Open

    Kolkata, Dec 16: Indian tennis star Sania Mirza said on Saturday that she will not be taking part in the Australian Open early next year...

    Man Utd still in title race: Matic

    Manchester, Dec 16: Serbian midfielder Nemanja Matic said on Saturday that Manchester United are not out of the race for the English Premier League (EPL)...