The Kop boss has admitted that Liverpool do have an important decision to make on Mario Balotelli’s future at the club, this summer. Jurgen Klopp has denied the idea that Mario Balotelli is already in line to make a return to the Anfield. Mario, the 25-year-old, who was a big flop at Anfield last season under Brendan Rodgers, had a miserable campaign back on loan at the Italian club AC Milan.
Balotelli is under contract at Liverpool until 2018. He has scored only once for AC Milan in Serie-A in his 15 appearances this season and Milan have declared that they are not currently interested in make the deal a permanent one.
“Maybe his agent says this and we will have a talk with his agent, but it’s nothing I can think about in this moment. I am just thinking about what we can change in this moment.” Said Klopp when asked about the situation of Mario.
Balotelli’s agent Mino Raiola has stated last week that he would discuss with the Liverpool boss if he has any plans for Mario at the Anfield. However, Klopp told in a news conference on Monday that there are no plans at the present to bring the former Manchester City striker and Premier League winner back to the club, even with Liverpool facing problems because of lesser options in attack.
According to the reports of DailyStar, the Chinese Super League side Jiangsu Suning are highly interested in the 23-year-old striker but Jurgen Klopp does not want to think about Balotelli’s future right now, at least not until the summer window opens.
“In this moment, we have to play a lot of games and he has to play a lot of games in Italy.
“We have to make a decision in the summer.”
“At this moment I don’t have the time and capacity to think about things for next summer,” Klopp said.