With Gooners going mad over the lack of a forward signing this summer, one player who has been heavily linked to the North Londoners – Leicester’s Riyad Mahrez – is now at the centre of rumours that he’s on his way to Chelsea.

The rumours have been sparked by @AlessandroLdn, an Italian based in London, who had an interview with new Blues boss Antonio Conte on Monday.

During his time with Conte, @AlessandroLdn spotted Mahrez in west London. He even posted pictures of the sighting on social media.

Moreover, he also reported that he was told Chelsea are trying to sign Mahrez.

It had been widely suggested that Mahrez was staying put this summer at the King Power Stadium.

Amid all the Arsenal interest last week, Leicester chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha posted an update on Instagram which appeared to have said that the Algerian international was staying with the Foxes.

Last season, Mahrez managed 17 goals and 10 assists in 37 top flight games, and he could be the second Leicester player who the north Londoners have failed to sign if he stays at the King Power stadium – after Jamie Vardy.

Leicester, however, remains keen to tie down Mahrez to a new contract, with the club’s owner ready to offer the 25-year-old £100,000 per week.