Manchester United manager Louis Van Gaal is set to strengthen his squad as the Red Devils are ready to offer Sporting Lisbon £16m for the services of Argentina’s World Cup star Marcos Rojo. The 24 year old defender has also attracted envious glances from Southampton and Italian side Napoli but now its believed that the Red Devils are in the driver’s seat to land the World Cup star.

Saints manager Ronald Koeman after having a bid around £10m rejected for the player said, “We are interested in Rojo but the transfer is a question for the chairman and (executive director) Les Reed.” Sky Sports have now reported that Rojo has himself handed in a transfer request and has pleaded with Sporting that he wants to pursue his career elsewhere. The left wing back who can also play as a centre back didn’t train with his club team mater and now might face disciplinary action.

Sporting president Bruno Carvalho claimed, “Players have expectations, and Sporting will always try to see what can be done about that. But we will not give yield to pressure from agents and funds, we will not yield to attitudes that disrespect the club.”

However any such deal to sign Rojo won’t be easy due to the third party rights on the player concerned. Sporting only account for 25% of Rojo’s transfer deal as the remaining 75% belonging to the Doyen group. Thus its perfectly understandable as to why Sporting are ready to play hardball. After all who would like to part with their prized asset for a substantially low transfer deal in this inflated transfer market.

  • SHARE
    Rafa Benitez Fanatic, Analyzes tactics, Football Fan

    Related Posts

    Mohammad Hafeez Reported For Suspect Bowling Action Again

    Pakistan allrounder Mohammad Hafeez has been reported for a suspect bowling action once again. The off-spinner was reported for a suspect action by match officials...

    Here’s The Daily Sports Round Up From Around The Globe On 19th October, 2017

    Here is Sportzwiki’s daily news round-up, featuring top sports news from around the world, on 19th October 2017. Here’s all the news from sporting...

    David Warner Reveals Why He Asked Rohit Sharma To Talk English

    Three years after being involved in a heated exchange with Rohit Sharma, Australia's star David Warner has revealed why he told the India opener to...

    SA vs BAN 2nd ODI: Every Team Lacks An AB de Villiers: Mashrafe Mortaza

    If Bangladesh were hoping for a respite in the third One-Day International against South Africa on Wednesday (October 18) after being thoroughly outplayed in the...

    South Africa Vs Bangladesh 2017: AB De Villiers Is A Destroyer – Mashrafe Mortaza

    Doubting champions is never the sensible thing to do especially in a sport like cricket, which thrives on the brilliance of champions. One such...