According to SunSport, the Brazilian maestro Neymar along with his Barcelona team-mate Lionel Messi, has been linked with a sensational move to Manchester City.

However, it is the Red half of Manchester who are said to be desperate to materialise a huge deal for Neymar.

And the 23-year-old attacker, who is right now negotiating a new contract with Barcelona, has also made it clear that the Premier League giants are interested to snap him up as their new poster-boy.

Few days ago when asked by a Spanish media outlet if he was aware of interest from Manchester City, Neymar smiled and said: “Yes, yes.”

Pep Guardiola is already highly linked with the Citizens to become their next manager replacing Pellegrini after this season. City also trying to bring in Messi and if Neymar eventually joins the Blue part of Manchester it will be a dream team for sure.

The Barcelona star, heavily linked with Manchester United since the summer transfer window was also asked whether he has any plan to leave the La Liga giants in future.

Both the Manchester fans will be interested as Neymar hinted that he could be making headlines at another football club in near future.

The Brazilian superstar has netted 13 goals in 14 La Liga appearances this season and Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu wants him to become the world’s greatest player after Messi reign ends.

Bartomeu told in an interview: “Neymar will be the star of the game in the future, even if he is already a key figure right now.”

The former Santos striker, who cost the Catalans £49million, has three years remaining on his current contract at the Nou Camp.

Neymar’s father and agent, Neymar Santos Sr revealed last month: “We’ve begun contract renewal talks, but there are outstanding issues that concern us, and which need to be resolved.

“We are not thinking of leaving Spain but we have a problem. We’ve never experienced such major tax issues.

“I don’t want to use the word persecution, but if the working environment here is not good, we won’t be able to remain in Spain and will have to leave the country.”

 The Brazilian sensation was closely linked with a move to Manchester United in the summer window, as the Red Devils wanted a big name in their squad as soon as possible and accordingly were planning to land the Brazilian at Old Trafford before September 1 the day transfer window closes. But as things were going at Barcelona they were never going to sell their prized possession. Neymar also admitted few months ago that he held talks with United, “We had conversations, but there was nothing concrete. I heard that there were offers, but none made it to me”

  • SHARE

    Read More