While responding to speculation about his future at Real Madrid, James Rodriguez has confirmed that despite being the subject of a €85 million offer this summer, He is not leaving Real Madrid. Marca’s exclusive report certainly a big blow for Manchester United.
On Friday, El Confidencial claimed that Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward held a meeting with the midfielder’s representative, Jorge Mendes, on Monday where he told him to get ready for a bid of around £54million imminently.
The Colombian also recently made a hint on his plans to leave the Santiago Bernabeu, but later took a U-turn and decided to stay with the Los Blancos which prompted Real to withdraw their interest in new Barcelona midfielder Andre Gomes as a potential replacement.
“I will fight to earn my place. That’s my dream,” he told MARCA.
“I will stay at Real Madrid, I will succeed here.
“I know that the club received a €85m bid for me, but I’m not leaving.”
Rodriguez, who had a disappointing season under Zinedine Zidane last year, has
so far netted 25 goals in 78 appearances for Real Madrid since making his debut for the La Liga giants back in 2014 but the 25-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford since the last transfer window.
The Red Devils have been admirers of Rodriguez since the Colombian superstar announced himself on the global stage at the 2014 World Cup.
The Colombian international became the sixth most expensive player of all time when he made his £63million transfer from Monaco to Real in 2013 and, if the Red Devils could convince him to swap Spain for England, it would come at a premium.