Arsenal takes on Manchester United in a crucial game week 8 encounter at Emirates Stadium on Super Sunday.
As the Barclays Premier League is slowly nearing its crunch time, some big top of the table clashes in the coming weeks will keep all the fans excited. This week, the North London Club Arsenal take on a team who are high on confidence Manchester United, as both teams will be desperate to hand an early set back to their opponents in the race to the top.
Both teams have got some game changing players and one of the best talents in the country.
Let’s take a look at top 20 stats from this match:
1) Arsenal have won just one of their last 13 Premier League fixtures against Manchester United (D4 L8).
2) Manchester United are unbeaten in four away games against Arsenal – they’ve never gone five without a loss away to the Gunners in the Premier League era.
3) Arsenal have a lower win percentage against Manchester United in the Premier League (24%) than versus any other opponent in the competition.
4) Louis van Gaal has lost just one of his five meetings with Arsene Wenger (all competitions), losing in the FA Cup last season after winning one and drawing one in the PL and winning one and drawing one in the 1999/00 Champions League group stages with Barcelona.
5) Wayne Rooney has netted 11 times in 25 Premier League games against Arsenal. The only sides he’s scored more goals against in the competition are Newcastle (12) and Aston Villa (13).
6) Wayne Rooney scored his first ever Premier League goal (Oct 2002), his first Premier League goal for Man Utd (Oct 2004) and his 100th Premier League goal (Jan 2010) against the Gunners.
7) Arsenal have the two players to have created the most goalscoring chances in the Premier League so far this season; Mesut Ozil (29) and Santi Cazorla (28).
8) Since making his PL debut back in August 2012, Santi Cazorla has provided more Premier League assists than any other player (32).
9) Theo Walcott has netted 12 goals in his last 13 Premier League starts for the Gunners.
10) Anthony Martial has been directly involved in four goals in his first three Premier League games, netting three and assisting one.
11) Only one of Arsenal’s four league victories this season has come at the Emirates Stadium.
12) They have only won two of their last seven home games in the league.
13) Arsenal’s five goals against Leicester last weekend doubled their Premier League tally for the season.
14) No player has more Premier League assists than Santi Cazorla’s 32 since his debut in August 2012.
15) Manchester United are top of the table for the first time since Sir Alex Ferguson retired in May 2013.
16) They have scored three goals in four of their last six matches in all competitions.
17) United have kept clean sheets in four of their seven league games this season.
18) Wayne Rooney’s goal last weekend ended his run of 1,000 minutes without scoring in the league.
19) Ashley Young has five Premier League assists in 2015, more than any other United player.
20) Arsenal’s worst Premier League win percentage is against Manchester United (24%).