Manchester United and Chelsea target Gabriel Barbosa is set to make a decision on his future this weekend as he looks ready for European football challenge.

The Santos striker has a series of offers on the table from clubs around the continent after his successful Olympics campaign in Rio.

Barcelona, Leicester, Juventus, Inter Milan, Arsenal, Chelsea and Atletico Madrid are all believed to be rivaling United for his signature and he will now decide who he wishes to join.

And Barbosa, who is nicknamed ‘Gabigol’, revealed his situation will become clear by the end of the weekend.

“Me, my family and my agent have evaluated the offers we have received and we are working on them,” he said.

“It will all soon be resolved because the clock is now ticking.

“The decision was pushed back because I needed to concentrate on the Olympics – now is the time to choose.

“There is one week left [until the transfer window closes], but Sunday I will be going away on international duty and the question will be answered once and for all.”

Gabriel has often been compared to Neymar but he is less showy than the Barcelona man was at this stage of his career.

United earlier it was suggested had been falling behind in the race to land the 19-year-old after proposing to pay the transfer fee in four installments.

 

 

  • SHARE

    Related Posts

    Rohit records third double-ton in ODIs

    Mohali, Dec 13: India skipper Rohit Sharma (208 not out), who piloted India to a mammoth 392 against Sri Lanka on Wednesday, became the first...

    British cyclist Chris Froome to cooperate with UCI after abnormal drug test

    Madrid, Dec 13: Britain's four-time Tour de France champion Chris Froome on Wednesday said he would provide any information required by the International Cycling Union,...

    WWE Smackdown Live full results: December 12th, 2017

    Last night marked the go-home edition of Smackdown Live for the Clash of Champions PPV, on this Sunday. Shinsuke Nakamura was back in action...

    WWE: What Happened Once Smackdown Went Off The Air: December 12, 2017

    Yesterday marked the last night before Smackdown Live comes up with the annual PPV event, Clash of Champions on this Sunday. It is going...

    WWE News: New Number One Contender’s Match Announced for Next Week’s Raw

    As reported earlier, Rich Swann got suspended from WWE for an indefinite span of time. He was involved in an altercation with his wife...